Summer still lingers as whispers of Fall start to show up. This salad perfectly bridges the gap between summer and fall with fresh summer peaches and hearty root veggies. The natural sweetness from the seasonal produce helps curb sugar cravings while protein from nuts and goat cheese satisfies hunger. You can always add more protein of choice. What makes this salad special for me is the peach white balsamic which you can order online. Of course, traditional balsamic would be delicious too.
- 2 tsp avocado oil divided
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium, sliced into small cubes)
- 1 Peach (sliced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar or this Summer Peach Balsamic from ConOlio
- 4 cups Baby Spinach or Kale
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup Pistachios (shelled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (crumbled) *optional
- Sautee sweet potato cubes in one teaspoon oil for about ten minutes until cooked.
- Toss greens and tomatoes with the other teaspoon of oil, balsamic, and salt.
- Layer on the peaches, pistachios, potatoes and goat cheese.
Makes 2 side salads or one hearty entree salad.