This Pesto is delicious with grilled veggies, meat, seafood, even on top of some beans. Set this out at a party and watch people go nuts.
- 2/3 cup toasted pecan halves or pieces
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or more to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Drop in the garlic gloves first, followed by herbs, salt, and lemon juice.
- Next, add half the nuts and as they are blending, pour the oil in until smooth.
- Blend in the rest of the nuts processing to your desired consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, a drizzle of oil and a few fresh basil leaves.