A super easy, quick meal that can be adapted in many different ways by changing out the protein, the type of cabbage or maybe you like Asian style mushrooms and want to add those in. By changing up parts of the recipe it doesn't feel like you are eating the same thing over and over again.
I like to add a bit of basmati rice to the bottom of my bowl to go with this meal.
- 2 Tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 5 Stalks Green Onion, diced.
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1lb Lean Ground Pork ( or protein of choice)
- 6 Cups Coleslaw Mix (or shredded green cabbage and shredded carrot)
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce of choice)
1. Heat the avocado oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion, green onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft.
2. Add the pork and break it up as it cooks. Cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Stir in the coleslaw mix, bean sprouts, and coconut aminos. Stir for 5 minutes, or until veggies have softened. Transfer to bowls and enjoy!
Notes: You can find bean sprouts in the bagged salad area of the store, they may also be called mung bean sprouts. They are hardy and have a crunch, do not sub with alfalfa or other soft sprouts as they will get too mushy and not as desirable of a taste/texture.