- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry OR 1/2 cup chopped veggies of choice (broccoli works great)
- 8 large pasture raised eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk (the fatty stuff at the top of the can works best) or regular milk works too
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces of Prosciutto di Parma OR tortillas OR leftover bread
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- A regular 12 cup muffin tin OR a silicone muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 375 while you prep your veggies.
- Add oil to a sautee pan over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms release their juice and that evaporates. Sprinkle again with salt and now a little pepper. Turn the heat off and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl add eggs, coconut milk, salt, pepper and beat well.
- Stir in cold drained spinach (or other veggies), then add sauteed mushroom mixture.
- If using metal pan, brush with oil.
- Layer in half a tortilla or a slice of prosciutto to make a cup in the muffin tray. If using bread, simply put the bread in the bottom.
- Fill cups with egg mixture, then garnish with a few halves of tomato.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. Will stay in the fridge for up to 5 days.
TIP: Make these your own by using different veggies, meats or oils. Try experimenting with fresh herbs like basil or dill.
Modified from Nom Nom Paleo