These sound a little weird, but they taste great for breakfast or for a quick, easy to reheat, snack.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for greasing
- 3 slices nitrate free bacon (we like Pederson's)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb ground grass fed beef or bison
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat, cook your bacon until nice and crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel on a plate when finished, and set aside.
- Put the blueberries in a mini food processor/chopper and pulse 5 to 8 times in 1 second bursts, just enough to break open the blueberries a bit.
- Add the chopped blueberries to a large mixing bo wl.
- Crumble bacon over blueberries and add all the other ingredients.
- Thoroughly mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll about 16 meatballs. Just be sure they are even sized so they cook at similar times.
- Now, you can bake the meatballs at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- OR, you can cook them in a pan with some oil.
- They should be browned up nicely.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe modified from Cook Like a Cave Woman