- 1.5 cups raw walnuts, soaked and toasted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping (packed) cup pitted dates, soaked and drained
- Toast your walnuts in a dry saute pan over medium heat.
- Combine walnuts with pitted dates in a food processor until smooth.
- Press into a tart/pie pan. No baking necessary!
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (raw pure unsweetened high-quality cocoa)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
● Pit the avocados and put in the food processor.
● Melt the chocolate in either the microwave or on the stove in a double broiler, taking care not to burn it.
● Add melted chocolate, coconut milk, ancho chili powder, vanilla and salt to the avocado in the food processor.
● Pulse until well blended. It should be really smooth.
● Pour filling into pie crust and refrigerate until set, 20 min-overnight.
WHIPPED COCONUT TOPPING:
- 1 cup coconut cream (2 cans cooled overnight with the cream scooped off)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
Mix with a whisk attachment until you have soft peaks. Serve with tart!
Note: Or, just skip the crust and eat the filling with a spoon. :)