1 box of Jovial brand gluten-free lasagna noodles
1 small butternut squash
15 oz of almond ricotta cheese (Kite Hill brand) or tofu ricotta
1 jar of Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
1 cup fresh lump or king crab
1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced (for topping only)
sea salt and pepper
• Heat oven to 350
• To prepare the squash, peel the skin with a vegetable peeler. Lay squash on it’s side and slice it in half, or right where the neck meets the body. The neck is the thinner top half. Set the bottom body piece aside for later use. Keep the neck on its side, slice into 1/4 inch slices. Thicker slices will take longer to cook so thinner is better.
• In a small bowl, mix the ricotta and egg together, add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
• In a small baking pan (size:) add a small amount of the pasta sauce to the bottom, enough to just cover the bottom.
• Now start to layer: noodles on the bottom, ricotta mixture, crab, butternut squash slices, noodles, sauce, ricotta mixture, crab, butternut squash, noodles and remaining sauce -make sure to fully cover with sauce as this is the top layer and needs the liquid from the sauce to cook.
• Cover the pan with foil and pop into the oven for 50 minutes.
• Remove foil, add cheese topping and put back into oven for 10 minutes, uncovered.
• Remove and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy with a side salad.
Recipe by Path Nutrition