1 lime (juiced)
1 orange (juiced)
1 tablespoon avocado oil (plus extra for veggies)
1/2 sweet onion (finely diced)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
2 lbs chicken drumsticks (look for level 2-4 at Whole Foods)
4 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Combine the lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, onion, sea salt, chili powder, black pepper and cumin in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add drumsticks to a large ziplock baggie or glass container. Add in the marinade. Seal the bag and shake well. Place in the fridge to marinade up to 24 hours.
- Slice your zucchinis in half lengthwise. Toss in a splash of olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add drumsticks to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until the thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Add the zucchini to the baking sheet at the halfway point.
- Serve over a bed of mixed greens and garnish with herbs like chopped cilantro if you like. Enjoy!