- 1 pound fresh okra
- avocado oil
- sea salt (or try smoked salt!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If you have a convection setting, use it.
- Slice off the woody stem ends of the okra, then slice them lengthwise.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss them with your hands and spread them out so there is just a single layer on the pan. If you have too many, use two pans.
- Sprinkle on the salt. It should take about a teaspoon.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until edges are crispy. Check on them halfway and move them around if you notice uneven browning. They should brown lightly, avoid burning.
- Enjoy as a snack or a side dish.