- 1 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped (about half an onion)
- 1 1/3 cups carrot, sliced (about 3 carrots)
- 1 cup celery, sliced (about 2 stalks)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth (we prefer Pacific brand, organic)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 2 cups cheese tortellini (or noodle of choice)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley (or try cilantro if you like it)
- 2 pinches turmeric
- 2 pinches dried thyme
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste (Remember, miso is salty so go slow on the salt. Be sure to taste as you go. Black pepper increases the bioavailability of the turmeric.)
1. Heat oil in a 4-quart pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt. Saute for about 10 minutes, until veggies are tender.
3. Add stock, water, and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Stir in chicken, thyme, and turmeric. Cook 5 more minutes.
5. Turn off heat. In a small bowl add miso and 1/4 cup of the hot broth from the soup pot. Stir to mix blend miso well. Add miso mixture to soup with parsley. Stir well, and taste for seasoning. Add black pepper and sea salt to taste.