The Last Weight Loss Program You'll Ever Need
Undesired weight is a symptom, not a problem.
The symptom of overweight is related to our culture, psychological conditioning, neurobiology, hormonal imbalances, and gut health. Most weight loss programs only address what you eat or don't eat. Sure, it's about food, but it's also about so much more. We cover all the bases for people who are ready to commit to their health and desire true empowerment.
Does this sound familiar?
- You've been dieting or eating differently but it's not working this time
- You notice stress triggers your desire to overeat or drink too much
- You have intense cravings that lead to overeating
- You eat your feelings and it no longer satisfies you
- You're an expert at justifying a special occasion
- You know you need to make some changes but feel overwhelmed or anxious
- You can't seem to stay motivated or find a sustainable lifestyle that works
- You're ready to commit to finally feeling better in your own skin
The reason why you're googling "weight loss" again is because no other program addressed your mind. They only addressed the food, which is just half of the solution. Without learning to manage your mind, you will always be on or off a diet.
We coach you out of diet mentality and increase your desire to actually take the actions that serve you so you never have to buy into a diet again. We also look for and address any underlying health issues that may be causing inflammation or hormone imbalances related to weight gain.
We offer weight loss for empowered goals, not to be a slave to the scale. If you suspect your natural weight is about 15-50 pounds less than where you are now, then you're an excellent candidate for this program.
At Path Nutrition, every client's journey is unique. We don't charge you for our time, you're investing in your results. This program requires a 6-month commitment but it could take a little more or a little less time. You'll connect with us at least every other week and have email and text access to us between appointments. We'll combine longer appointments with shorter coaching sessions and skill building tools to educate and motivate you to create lasting change.
Getting started is easy!
Start by booking your free consultation call. We can answer your questions and determine if this right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take insurance?
We do not take insurance, but we do provide you with the necessary paperwork so you can file with your insurance which may cover a portion of your program. If you are in need of labs, many of the companies we use may assist in filing with your insurance.
How is Path Nutrition different from other programs?
We use integrative and functional principles. We believe there is no one way of supporting health. Each person's body is unique in how it responds to food and the environment we live in. We look at all aspects of health and lifestyle. Food and nutrition are important but so are sleep, movement, stress levels, personal relationships, and community. Path Nutrition offers full service support. When you work with Path you have a team on your side. Everything is designed specifically for you.
Can I do this program if I have an existing health condition?
It depends on the condition and how it is currently being supported or managed. In some cases we would want to address the health condition first, which often supports natural weight. Health is always a priority over weight.
Do you help people with eating disorders?
We prioritize health over weight. We are not trained in supporting clients with eating disorders. If you are currently in treatment or recently recovered then this is not the program for you. If you have a history of disordered eating, it's a good idea to give us a call first to be sure it's a fit for you.
What is a Lifestyle Coach?
A Lifestyle Coach is a multidisciplinary coach that works in tandem with your Dietitian to help you implement your wellness goals. You might know what you need to do but your coach helps you build the desire to actually do it. You'll also learn how to do it with varied skill set building.
Does this program really work?
It worked for us! We also approach weight loss by addressing you as a whole person. It's about much more than just what to eat. There is no magic pill, diet, or shot that can do the work that will be required of you to make this "work." If you are ready to commit to making health your priority, then this is the program for you. Our mind-body nutrition process will serve you more than anything you ever tried before.
How do you track my progress?
Great question! We don't use a scale in our office or take measurements although you're welcome to do so on your own. You'll record symptoms, goals, and concerns when you begin your program. We'll keep those in mind during your program and chart course to make sure you're feeling progress. We also look at labs. There are many ways to chart progress and we can decide together what's best for you because everyone's a little different.
What is mind body nutrition?
- Mind body nutrition goes far beyond classical nutrition by focusing on the fascinating connections between brain, body, and behavior. Simply put, what we eat is only half of the story of good nutrition. Mind body nutrition reveals how stress physiology, the relaxation response, breathing, awareness, pleasure, meal timing and much more profoundly influence digestion and fat burning.
- For far too long, we’ve been inundated by negative messages about food, weight and diet. The majority of nutrition experts promote conflicting advice. The result is people are confused about what to eat, and how to have a happy relationship with food and a healthy metabolism. At Path Nutrition, we combine many of the best strategies from nutrition science and eating psychology.
- Mind body nutrition addresses weight concerns, binge eating, overeating, body image challenges, and various nutrition related health concerns. Our approach is positive and empowering. We don’t see your eating challenges merely as a sign that “something is wrong with you” – but as a place where we can more fully explore some of the personal dimensions in life that impact food, weight and health. Oftentimes, our eating challenges are connected to work, money, relationship, family, intimacy, life stress and so much more. As we work together in this way, eating and health issues become a place of exploration.
What if I don't know how to cook or don't enjoy it?
That's OK, we help you with that too! As part of your membership we offer cooking tutorials, grocery tours, meal planning exercises, and so much more. We want to educate you so you can make your own proactive changes and develop mindful eating habits.
Do I have to take supplements?
No, not everyone needs supplements, but you may need to take some short-term to bring the body back into balance that you simply can't achieve through diet alone.
Still need more info?
If you still have questions, you can contact us via a form on our about page.