On this rainy day, we wanted a little comfort food for breakfast. WARNING: This recipe contains sugar. (gasp!) Sweet is one of the 6 tastes according to Ayurveda, an ancient medicinal practice. In the right dose, sweetness promotes happiness, contentment, calmness, cheerfulness and love. Are we saying eat sugar every day? No, of course not. Let's not overthink this too much, OK. As always use the best ingredients you can afford and find. This recipe is delicious with a cup of tea and a good book.
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup shredded carrots (we used carrots from Farmhouse Delivery)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Combine sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix in carrots and nuts.
- Pour into bread pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 45-55 minutes.