I wanted to call these leftover tacos but then I realized you may be seeing a few varieties of leftover tacos so I'm being more specific. I like to make a larger piece of protein and a big batch of veggies I can pick on during the week for meals. Having SOME prep is KEY to creating balanced meals during the week. Last night I made a braised pork loin and a big batch of roasted cauliflower. So naturally, I turned the leftovers into tacos for lunch. If you are from Austin, you know you can legally turn anything into a taco. This flavor profile is not traditional but I think you will find it super tasty.
First Prep Pork and Cauliflower:
SIMPLE PULLED PORK
- 1 pork loin roast (or a full pork shoulder)
- 3 cups broth (veggie or bone)
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Season roast with salt and pepper
- In a heavy pot (dutch oven) brown pork on both sides. (There should be enough fat on the meat, but if it is really lean add 1 teaspoon oil to sear)
- Add liquid and cover.
- Cook for 3 hours or until pork pulls apart.
(You can also do this in a crock pot, but I feel it dries out a little more in the crock pot)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Texas Olive Ranch Garden Herb Olive Oil (A special olive oil adds flavor and makes all the difference)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Whisk egg yolk, sea salt, parsley and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- To prep the cauliflower cut into quarters, remove the stem. Then cut each quarter into 6-8 pieces.
- Toss cauliflower in the oil mix.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir the cauliflower half way through cooking time.
*Serve pulled pork and cauliflower with a nice big salad and any condiments of your choice for dinner.
LEFTOVER TACOS (The real reason you are here!)
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 1 cup cauliflower (chopped small)
- Daiya mozzarella cheese (or regular jack cheese)
- 10 leaves of fresh mint, chopped (don't count...just go with your gut)
- 2 red radishes, sliced thin
- 2 almond tortillas (or regular...do what you want)
- salsa of choice, optional
- Reheat pork and cauliflower in a pan.
- Meanwhile, start warming tortillas with cheese, like you are making a quesadilla.
- Layer on warm pork and cauliflower.
- Top with radishes and mint
- Serve with your favorite salsa
- It looks like a tostada but it folds, I promise.
Taco recipe makes 2 tacos, but you will have plenty leftovers to use.